Background of the Study
The use of manual processes in business is a thing in the past since the rise of computerized and automated systems. As of today, the inventory and sales management system is a must in every business. Having an inventory and sales management system gives a company advantage because you can easily and accurately monitor your stocks and sales.
Based on the observation that was conducted on the JP9 Beauty Gallery and General Merchandise, the main problem of the firm is the management of the inventory and sales of the business. The current method that is being used by the firm is by recording the inventory and sales through the use of Microsoft Excel. By the use of this method, the company often encounters problems regarding the monitoring and checking of stocks, developing inventory and sales, reducing the manual computation of inventory and sales, monitoring the acquired and distributed products, the accessibility of making it easier to the individual, and providing security for the documents.
The JP9 Inventory and Sales Management System is a system that can make the inventory and sales monitoring for our beneficiary, JP9 Beauty Gallery and General merchandise, easier, faster, secure, and more accurate.
General Objective of the Study
The main objective of the study is to create a system that will enhance the monitoring of the inventory and sales of JP9 Beauty Gallery and General Merchandise Store.
Specific Objectives of the Study
1. To create a system that can reduce manual sales and inventory monitoring process
2. To create a system that can monitor products that has been acquired and disposed of.
3. To create a system that is easy to use and access by the user
4. To create a system that can accurately record, compute and produce report daily, weekly, monthly, annually.
5. To create a system that will test in terms of functionality, usability, and its graphic design.
Scope and Delimitation of the Study
Scope of the Study
The system can do the following:
1. The system has log-in and log-out feature. | For security purposes.
2. The system can add, delete, manage, and edit users to assign specific task for the employees.
3. The system can add, delete, manage, and edit positions of the staff.
4. The system can add, delete, manage, and edit records of inventory and sales.
5. The system can monitor the sales and products. | Daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
Delimitation of the Study
The system does not cover the following features:
1. Accept payments through check, debit and credit card.
2. Connect through the internet to monitor the inventory and sales of the firm.
Significance of the Study
1. JP9 Beauty Gallery and General Merchandise
The system could provide the business firm a better view of their previous and current inventory and sales.
The Owner could have a better, safer, and more accurate inventory monitoring than the previous manual process.
The Cashier could easily manage the product sales of the company that can create history check of orders that has been made.
4. Future Researcher
The future researchers will benefit from the study by using it as a guide when doing a related to this study. It will give them enough idea and significant concepts.
Review of Related Literature
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed primarily for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language. PHP code may be embedded into HTML or HTML5 markup, or it can be used in combination with various web template systems, web content management systems and web frameworks. PHP code is usually processed by a PHP interpreter implemented as a module in the web server or as a Common Gateway Interface executable. The web server software combines the results of the interpreted and executed PHP code, which may be any type of data, including images, with the generated web page. PHP code may also be executed with a command-line interface and can be used to implement standalone graphical applications.
• Sequential Query Language
• Code Igniter
The researchers use the PHP language for creating the system because
Review of Related Studies
The paradigm of the conceptual framework is made up of three frames which include the input, process and output. Figure shows the paradigm of the conceptual framework.
Inventory and Sales Management System of JP9 Beauty Gallery and General Merchandise
Figure 2.1 Paradigm of the Conceptual Framework
1. The first part of the paradigm is the
Definition of Terms
Figure 3.1 Waterfall Method
Software Planning and Data Gathering
Operation and Maintenance